Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to do before the beginning of practice on July 23rd?
- Register your athlete using the Register My Athlete website
- Obtain a physical
- Pay the $100 participation fee to the athletics office
What equipment must I purchase for the season?
Mouthpiece, cleats, and a 7 piece girdle.
Is there a specific color cleats I must wear?
Yes, every player on every level is expected to wear black cleats
Do I have to attend the summer lifting and camps over the summer?
Although these are optional, it is preferred that every member of the football program attends in order to prepare them for a successful football season.
Will we have practice over October break?
YES, there is practice. Other than the designated vacation time during the summer, there will be practice on regularly scheduled days throughout the entire season.
Can I utilize tax credit dollars for football fees?
Yes. All tax credit dollars must be paid to the Gilbert High School athletics office and will be designated for the equipment fee, pay to play fee, and 7 vs. 7 apparel. These dollars CANNOT be utilized for camp payments.
How can I (the parent) be involved in the program?
- Attend the booster club meetings which are held the 2nd Tuesday of every month in the football portable.
- Volunteer to be the “Team Parent” which coordinates team dinners (the day of the games), end of season banquets, and acts as a liaison between the team, coaching staff, and booster club.
- Volunteer to help serve team meals on the day of the games.
- Volunteer in the concession stand or apparel table to sell merchandise during the game.
Am I required to fundraise?
Yes. Every player is required to raise $700 for the program. These dollars can be raised by selling cow chip bingo tickets, obtaining additional tax credit dollars, obtaining sponsorships, or by volunteering time in the concession stand.
What football related activities is my son expected to participate in over the summer?
- Summer Iron Tiger Lifting Camp – Begins May 29th - Monday - Thursday
- JV and Varsity from 5:00 – 7:15 am
- Freshman from 4:00 – 5:30 pm
- Field work – Begins May 30th – Monday and Wednesday’s only
- All levels from 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- 7 v 7 – All Levels - Dates and locations TBD